On Tuesday 4th March 2008, AC Milan face Arsenal at the San Siro Stadium in the 2nd Round of the UEFA Champions League. This classic matchup is sure to be the tie of the round as 2006 finalists Arsenal face off against seven time and current holders AC Milan. If Arsenal are to continue their quest for a first Champions League trophy then they will have to be on their very best form if they are to stand a chance of making it through to the quarter finals. With a host of stars on show, including Arsenal’s Cesc Farbregas, Emmanuel Adebayor and Tomas Rosicky competing against the likes of AC Milan’s legendary captain Paolo Maldini and FIFA World Player of the Year Kaka, this is a tie that should not be missed.
Cheap Travel To The Game
There are two ways to travel to football games – the cheap way that suits most fans and the expensive corporate way.
Cheap Milan Hotels
For those that like to save money and avoid paying over the odds, we have researched hotels in Milan for the game. Here are the cheapest 3, 4 and 5 star hotels available:
- 3 star Hotel Corallo costs from £25 per person per night
- 4 star ADI Hotel Poliziano Fiera costs from £28 per person per night
- 5 star Melia Milano costs from £47 per person per night
MATCHhotels.com lists lots of AC Milan hotels. From budget 1 star hostels and economy hotels through to 4 and 5 star luxury hotels, MATCHhotels.com compares prices to find cheap accommodation.
Cheap Flights to Milan
Milan is served by three international airports: Malpensa International Airport, Linate Airport and Orio al Serio Airport.
- Malpensa International Airport is the main airport. The Malpensa Shuttle is a bus service from the airport to Milan Central Station (centre of Milan), this cost from €6 one way. Alternatively, take a train from Terminal 1 – these depart every 30 minutes and take about 40 minutes to get to central Milan. Taxi’s are not recommended from this station as they usually cost around €70 euros.
- Milan’s Linate Airport is the closest airport to Milan. Fly to Linate and the city centre can be reached easily by all forms of transport.
- Orio al Serio Airport is not recommended as it is pretty far from the centre of Milan and is the smallest of its three airports.
Compare flights at diytravel.co.uk to find the cheapest deals. diytravel compares over 600 different airlines in one search. We found a £30 return to Milan from London from 3rd – 5th March!
Arsenal have an allocation of 4,500 tickets for their supporters who wish to travel to the match. These cost £31 each and can be purchased via the Arsenal webiste by supporters who meet the clubs relevent criteria.
MATCHhotels hotel + flight: £80 per person!
Expensive Travel To The Game
Lots of sports travel companies are happy to charge you the earth for this game. Arsenal Football Club charge a whopping £315 per person for two nights accommodation and a flight (3rd – 5th March). This massive price is actually based on two people sharing, if you are travelling alone a single room will cost you even more!
Thomas Cook hotel + flight: £315 per person!
How To Book
Book cheap sports travel by finding your own hotel and flight. Our guide above should help you find the best travel deals for AC Milan vs Arsenal. By booking your own hotel and flight you will avoid travel agent commissions and have more money to spend whilst in Milan.
Please tell your friends about the service we are providing and the cost savings. Add a comment to our blog to let us know what deal you found and how much you saved.