On Tuesday 11th March 2008, Inter Milan face Liverpool at the San Siro Stadium in the 2nd Round of the UEFA Champions League. 2005 and 5 times winners Liverpool face off against current Italian Champions Inter Milan. Liverpool will be hoping to go one better than their defeat in the final last season and to do so need to win this game progress to the Champions League quarter finals. However, Inter Milan are the current Italian Champions and will be desparate to add a third Champions League title to an already great history of their own.
CHEAP TRAVEL TO THE GAME
There are two ways to travel to football games – the cheap way that suits most fans and the expensive corporate way.
Cheap Milan Hotels
For those that like to save money and avoid paying over the odds, we have researched hotels in Milan for the game. Here are the cheapest 3, 4 and 5 star hotels available:
- 3 star Hotel Ritter costs from £28 per person per night
- 4 star Hotel ADI Hotel Poliziano Fiera costs from £51 per person per night
- 5 star Melia Milano costs from £100 per person per night
MATCHhotels.com lists lots more hotels near Inter Milan. From budget 1 star hostels and economy hotels through to 4 and 5 star luxury hotels, MATCHhotels.com compares prices to find cheap accommodation.
Cheap Flights to Milan
Milan is served by three international airports: Malpensa International Airport, Linate Airport and Orio al Serio Airport.
- Malpensa International Airport is the main airport. The Malpensa Shuttle is a bus service from the airport to Milan Central Station (centre of Milan), this cost from €6 one way. Alternatively, take a train from Terminal 1 – these depart every 30 minutes and take about 40 minutes to get to central Milan. Taxi’s are not recommended from this station as they usually cost around €70 euros.
- Milan’sLinate Airport is the closest airport to Milan. Fly to Linate and the city centre can be reached easily by all forms of transport.
- Orio al Serio Airport is not recommended as it is pretty far from the centre of Milan and is the smallest of its three airports.
Compare flights at diytravel.co.uk to find the cheapest deals. diytravel compares over 600 different airlines in one search. We found a £35 return to Milan from London from 10th – 12th March!
Liverpool have received an allocation of 4,200 tickets for their supporters who wish to travel to the match. These cost £24 each and can be purchased via the Liverpool website by supporters who meet the clubs relevent criteria.
MATCHhotels hotel + flight: £202 per person (2 nights accommdation, 10-12 March, flying from Briminham Intl). (price as of 11/2/08)
EXPENSIVE TRAVEL TO THE GAME
Lots of sports travel companies are happy to charge you the earth for this game. Thomas Cook sport charge a whopping £339 per person for one nights accommodation and a flight (10th – 11th March). This massive price is actually based on two people sharing, if you are travelling alone a single room will cost you even more!
Liverpool/Thomas Cook hotel + flight: £339 per person (1 nights accommodation, 10-11 March). (price as of 11/2/08)
(Prices based on four star hotels in Milan)
HOW TO BOOK
Book cheap sports travel by finding your own hotel and flight. Our guide above should help you find the best travel deals for Inter Milan vs Liverpool. By booking your own hotel and flight you will avoid travel agent commissions and have more money to spend whilst in Milan.
Please tell your friends about the service we are providing and the cost savings. Add a comment to our blog to let us know what deal you found and how much you saved.